PT Asian Bulk Logistics Announced as Silver Sponsor of “India Dry Bulk Cargo Summit 2018”
The Shipping Tribune is pleased to announce PT Asian Bulk Logistics (ABL) as a Silver Sponsor at the “India Dry Bulk Cargo Summit 2018″ A One Day Conference on 7th June 2018 at Holiday Inn, Andheri (East), Mumbai. The entire Dry Bulk and Shipping chain will convene at this prominent conference, a hub of knowledge and ideas, to make this a memorable experience.
Among the regular business are the following services:
- Development of ship owning, Logistics, Shipping concepts.
- Logistics Support with own and chartered fleet of vessels within Indonesia.
- A range of commercial services for Traders of various commodities.
- Commercial Charters against Long Term cargo contracts.
Since its initial establishment, ABL has been mostly focused on the transshipment of coal from barges into Ocean Going Vessels; building, owning and operating Cargo Transfer Ships (CTS) designed with a sophisticated cargo handling system, and serving some of bigger and most reputable coal mines and traders in the Indonesia market. These CTS have handled more than 80 million tons of coal from East Kalimantan since 2011.
In order to improve its overall working environment and the conditions of employees while performing in line with its own policies, ABL is certified with OHSAS 18001:2007 and also ABL is possibly the first Indonesian Shipping company to be rated by highly regarded rating agencies.
ABL’s new Vision statement under new management reads “To be among the best ship owners in the world. Providing world class service of bulk cargo movement by sea globally as a value added solution with focus on customer needs”. ABL has launched a program to expand its network of operations in the Indonesian and international dry bulk shipping sector. ABL has committed itself to increasing its offering to change the brand image from being a pure coal transshipment services company to being a fully integrated logistics solutions provider for the mining and commodities industry. The focus now is on the actual diversification into procuring barges and floating cranes as well as ocean going tonnage which will position the company to meet its goals of developing a new logistics and shipping concept, an end – to – end service and management for the commodities supply chain specifically in Indonesia.
ABL management believes that existing as well as new reputable and reliable mining/trading customers are willing to rely on the background and expertise that the Company has and will further strengthen the capabilities in-house. This step goes along with the Indonesian Ministry of Trade (MOT) Regulation No 82/2017 which is going to oblige coal exporters to use Indonesian Shipping Transportation company for freight and Indonesian national insurance companies for cargo insurance. This regulation as per latest information seems to have been postponed, but ABL is on a mission to provide full compliance to all existing and new mining or trading clients and Buyers involved with export of coal out of Indonesia; including packaging freight with cargo insurance placement in Indonesia and managing the reporting requirements in compliance with the MOT regulation mentioned.
Confirmed Initial speakers include:
- “Dry Bulk Market Outlook Discussions” Capt. Anil Kumar Srivastava, Director & COO, LSS OCEAN TRANSPORT DMCC
- “Dry Bulk Trade-Persian Gulf-Oman- Red Sea”: Capt. S. R. Patnaik, Director & C.E.O., International Shipping & Logistics FZE, Dubai
- “The Future of Coal Imports”: Mr. Devendra Arolkar, Head- Fuel Sourcing, L&T Power Development
- “Indonesian Coal Exports, Impact of Latest Regulations” : Capt. Pappu Sastry, Deputy CEO, PT Asian Bulk Logistics
- “Fertilizers Market Overview & Opportunities” Capt. Venkat Padmanabhan, Managing Director, VASI Shipping Pte Ltd
- “To be announced” Mr. David Morriss, Partner, Holman Fenwick Willan
- “Coastal Shipping- Turning Challenges into Opportunities” Capt. Ashok Shrivastava, C.E.O., Sheel Shipping Synergy
- “Emerging Trends in Dry Cargo Chartering”: Mr. Ashok Jain, Director, Diamond Shipbrokers
- Mr. Abhijit Chaudhury, General Manager – Shipping, JSW Steel Limited- Panelist
- “Digital Transformation”: Mr. Vishal Khattri, Director of Professional Services, APAC at Veson Nautical
- “Grain Trade: Flows & Arbitrages” Mr. Shriram Sivaramakrishnan, Associate Editor, Shipping & Freight, S&P Global Platts
- “Dynamics of Iron Ore Trade Impacting Freight Markets” Mr. Pranay Shukla, Senior Dry Bulk Analyst, MERCURIA TRADING (India ) Pvt Ltd
The Shipping Tribune will announce additional speakers and official program in the coming weeks.
Link Source : http://www.shippingtribune.com/newsdetails.php?s_id=8693